Ministère de la Guerre
The modern Ministry of War in Paris was completed in 1877 and occupies a large parcel of land bordered by the Boulevard St. Germain, Rue St. Dominique, Rue de Bourgogne and the Rue de l’Université in the city’s 7th arrondissement. The building is on the south side of the Seine River and has more than 1,000 rooms. Underneath the clock tower was an archive that originally held 40,000 volumes. The Ministère de la Guerre is very close to the legislative assembly of the French Parliament, la Chambre des députés (Chamber of Deputies).